- 2013 Santenay
- Apellation Santenay ~ Beaune Controlee
- Growing: Burgund
- 0,75 Liter – Premier Cru
- 13,5% Alkohol
„153. Hospices de Beaune“
Primeur vins des Hospices de Beaune 2013
The history of the Hospices de Beaune The history of the Hospices de Beaune dates back to the 15th century. It used to be a poor and hospitable hospital (Hôtel Dieu) This hospital is located in Beaune, in the heart of Burgundy’s best vineyards Over the centuries, Hospices has received many of the finest (Grand Cru and Premier Cru) vineyards in Burgundy through donations and inheritance from rich winegrowers, helping to cover the cost of the hospital with the proceeds of wine sales Hospital and other charities.
The world’s most famous charity wine auction takes place on the 3rd weekend of November 2016. On the eve of the auction, numerous wineries traditionally open their doors and invite wine critics and visitors to taste the wines. The day after the auction takes place. On the third day, the traditional “Paulée” of Meursault finishes the event. The wines marketed during the auction will now mature for 24 months in the barrel. In autumn 2017 the wine will be bottled and delivered to us.
The auction house Christie’s takes over this year a still increasing share of the wine auction, which should further fuel the price development. Likewise, another innovation from the Hospices de Beaune committee will provide excitement, with only about 60% of the yield in each year being released for auction, the remaining 40% being held until the year of bottling, and then auctioned off the high demand additionally strengthened. A reservation of en Primeur’s wines is expected to be cheaper by our membership and award. Be curious!
„Qualité en Primeurs“ is the slogan,
The year 2014 was a demanding vintage for the winemakers. The changing temperatures during the growth phase, cold in the morning and warm in the evening, demanded a great deal of knowledge and work from the winegrowers for the best possible result. A splendid late summer has given the grapes such eagerly awaited “finishing touches” and made for a very high quality harvest for those who are among the best in their field. “Qualité en Primeurs” is the motto, from the harvest only the best grapes are selected and matured to the excellent premium wines of the world.